The driver of Class B authorized emergency vehicles may:
1) park or stand, irrespective of the provisions of this chapter;
2) exceed the speed limit so long as the driver does not endanger life or property during the time of a local or national disaster; and
3) disregard regulations governing direction of movement or turning in specified directions.
The foregoing exceptions apply only when the authorized emergency vehicle is displaying an amber light visible under normal atmospheric conditions for a distance of five hundred (500) feet [152.4 meters] in any directions, and
1) use of the exemption is necessary for the immediate protection of life or property;
2) the authorized emergency vehicle is stopped on a highway for the purpose of performing an official duty; or
3) when traveling at a speed slower than the normal flow of traffic.